My family loves to challenge me in making dishes that are familiar but somewhat different and with a pinch of attitude. Well, this one definitely hit that mark! They loved how well all the flavors came together. We had this with a side of grilled zucchini and was so yummy!
Here's the recipe so you can try it at home, too!
1. Boil water in a tall pot and add a little bit of salt. Add preferred pasta. We used
spaghetti noodles but you can use linguine or fettuccine. Once pasta is cooked al
dente, remove and strain while saving 2 cups of the pasta water.
2. Add olive oil and butter in a pan.
3. Add minced garlic and chopped onions.
4. Add in the shiitake mushrooms. You can also substitute using any type of mushrooms.
5. Add in honey.
6. Add the black truffle sauce. You can get them at selected grocery store or on the link
7. Add in hoisin sauce. You can get it at your local asian market on the link posted below.
8. Add in your choice of meat. We used chicken and shrimp.
9. Let it cook all the way through.
10. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
11. Transfer everything to a bowl.
12. In the same pan, add in your cooked pasta and add some of the saved pasta water to
loosen the noodles.
13. Add back all the ingredients from the bowl saving a little bit of the sauce.
14. Add in spinach.
15. Add your Parmesan cheese.
16. Serve and you can top it off with the extra sauce if needed.
Links for some of the ingredients mentioned above:
Harmony Home Collective is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no cost to you.
PRINT RECIPE CARD BELOW: